Certified Labor DoulaI refuse to see pregnancy as a “condition”, but choose to see it as a normal process of life. I don’t believe there is only one right way to have a baby or to labor, but what I chose for myself changed my life. I walked away from them feeling empowered and strong. Through my pregnancies I became incredibly passionate about women during pregnancy, their labor and postpartum period. I didn’t grow up always thinking I wanted to work with pregnant women.
I would be honored to be a part of such a monumental time of your life. I charge $600 for my services, and there are several different options in paying. To learn more about what the fee provides click on tabs below.
If this is something you cannot afford we can work something out. Do not deny yourself having a doula simply because you can not afford it.
As your doula, I will have at least two prenatal visits with you. During these prenatal meetings we will:
- Get to know each other
- Discuss the hopes and desires you have for your birth
- Go over comfort and breathing techniques
- Discover your ideal birth plan and discuss the best ways to achieve it
- Talk through any questions or fears you may have about your pregnancy or birth
- Be by your side during your labor and delivery. I will
- Support you physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Be your advocate and help you achieve the birth experience you desire
- Keep a detailed log of your labor and birth
- Help you get settled and comfortable after delivery
- Assist in your first feedings
Once your baby is in your arms, I will visit you in your home to:
- Ensure your new family is adjusting well and feeling okay.
- Help you process your labor and delivery. This is an extremely important step for many women, and I would love to answer any questions you have.
Get in Touch
I would love to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns about what a doula does. I live in Colorado Springs and serve the greater Pikes Peak area, but I’ll chat with anyone, anywhere about their pregnancies.
Or, even if you just want to talk about your birth story. I love hearing them, and it helps new mommas process this new experience.