Doulas provide many advantages during pregnancy, labor, and postpartum. As your doula, I will:
- Have at least two prenatal visits with you. During these prenatal meetings we will
- Get to know each other
- Discuss the hopes and desires you have for your birth
- Go over comfort and breathing techniques
- Discover your ideal birth plan and discuss the best ways to achieve it
- Talk through any questions or fears you may have about your pregnancy or birth
Labor & Delivery
- Be by your side during your labor and delivery. I will
- Support you physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Be your advocate and help you achieve the birth experience you desire
- Keep a detailed log of your labor and birth
- Help you get settled and comfortable after delivery
- Assist in your first feedings
- Visit you once or twice after your delivery. I will
- Ensure your new family is adjusting well and feeling okay.
- Help you process your labor and delivery. This is an extremely important step for many women, and I would love to answer any questions you have.
Doula services are incredibly valuable and I would be honored to be a part of such a monumental time of your life. I charge $600 for my services, and there are several different options in paying. If this is something you cannot afford we can work something out. Do not deny yourself having a doula simply because you can not afford it.